Living Dead In Dallas-Sookie Stackhouse
Charlaine Harris Books
Our favorite Southern heroine is back for more rounds of adventure . The story of the telepathic barmaid and her vampire “boyfriend” continues in Living Dead in Dallas , the second book in The Sookie Stackhouse Novels by Charlaine Harris .
Expect more adventure, action, love and humor in this second instalment in Charlaine Harris’s supernatural world. A lot of things to really look forward to! Another page turner, if I may just say so. By the way more supernatural beings will be introduced in this book. So get comfortable, it’s going to be a good read…
Unlike several sites that give reviews, I will not go into detail about what happened in Living Dead in Dallas . I don’t read the books just to give out all the juicy stuff inside. You have to go and read them yourself. Pretty mean of me huh? Sorry, guys. That’s how it’s supposed to be. If I go and babble about everything that’s inside the book, how can I convince you guys to read the actual book?
It sort of defeats my purpose. Hehehe. I read them, give you my take on the books and it’s up to you if you want to go ahead and grab the book, right? But I can guarantee you; this series will catch your attention. All 100% of it. Still unconvinced? Well, here are some of the highlights that should tempt you to get the book. Watch out for these parts.
Another murder in Bon Temps
– Seriously, what’s up with Bon Temps? The body count seems to keep on piling up. Sookie goes and tries to find who did it. Mind you, the way she found out almost drove me off the wall. We get to read more about Eric Northman , the vampire sheriff Sookie met in Book 1 of the series. An unusual turn of events in the end will definitely leave you hooked to this series.
A maenad attacks Sookie, leaving her with several deep gashes on her back
– The maenad wanted a message delivered to Eric, and guess what the message was? Sookie became an unwilling, walking…err she does little walking with those wounds. But you get my point. It took several vampires and a dwarf doctor to heal her. A dwarf doctor working for the vampires is something new.
Sookie and Bill head off for Dallas .
- Sookie was “loaned” to the vampires of Dallas to help them with something. It is actually Sookie’s first plane ride. Bill traveled via Anubis Airlines . Now this is one heck of an airline! So is the hotel they checked into. They really cater to their clients’ “special needs” that would put any five star hotel to shame.
They met the head vampire in Dallas, Stan Davis.
- Sookie found out that due to her special gift, the vampires have specifically asked for her to assist them locate a missing brother.
Sookie’s adventure with the Fellowship of the Sun , a fanatic anti vampire group of “religious” people.
- She was betrayed by a fellow human, locked up in a basement, almost got raped, helped by a suicidal vampire and met another “supe”. It just gets better and better, doesn’t it?
When Sookie was able to return the missing vampire to his brothers, a party was held in the huge Dallas mansion.
- the party was in full swing with both vampires and human guests enjoying themselves, when the party was abruptly interrupted by deranged members of the Fellowship who showered the house with bullets. Didn’t they care that they are killing the humans inside? Even if they are fangbangers (aka vampire groupies). They either work for them or just hang out in places where there are vampires in the hopes of getting an experience they’ll never forget. Now back to the Fellowship, if killing humans with their act is nothing to them. Someone please explain to them that shooting vampires with bullets are not going to kill them but anger them instead. Are we being stupid or what? Good luck with that!
Where is Bill?
- During the attack, Sookie was protected by Eric in a very compromising way. Trust Eric to get some points in trying to steer Sookie’s affection away from Bill. Don’t get annoyed with Eric, he is quite a charmer. Really. So where was Bill? Bill, being the vampire he is, thirsted to get even with the culprits. He never even bothered to see if Sookie was ok. Sookie left Dallas hurt and alone.
Back to Bon Temps
- Sookie tried to forget Bill but it is quite hard to do if you see the vampire every day. She then puts her attention to what she was supposed to do before she left for Dallas. Don’t worry now, Sookie and Bill did eventually make up. Details on how….better read them yourself.
An invitation to the party of the year
- Sookie got an unexpected invitation to a secret group of party goers. It’s a different kind of party. The word wild doesn’t even come close to describing it. Weird, maybe. Sinful, probably. Since Bill was out of town during this shindig, Sookie asked Eric to accompany her instead albeit with some weird instruction that was described in the book to have made the old vampire shake his head.
Crime and punishment
- Sookie’s aim was to get invited to this exclusive party to find out if this has anything to do with the earlier murder of her friend and co-worker. Using Eric as a distraction for the other party guests, she picked the minds of all those who were present. She got her culprits. The maenad did another appearance, enthralling all with her beauty. This particular maenad named Callista is attracted to drunkenness, pleasures of the flesh, violence and other sins. They call to her and she comes to get her offering. Justice served.
We are family
The story ends with Bill discovering that he still has living descendants in Bon Temps. It was the part that I was actually looking for in the first book. A background on Bill’s history. Who these relatives are will shock you probably. Or you can take it all in your stride, however you react to this bit of news will be another reason for you to keep on reading the series.
Living Dead in Dallas proves that the series just gets better and better. Charlaine Harris novels never fail; they never disappoint their growing fan base. The people and “supes” of this one of a kind world are becoming more and more real as every chapter progresses.
If the things I wrote above still have not captured your interest, I would think that you live under a rock or something. Just kidding (again). Seriously, the series puts the word “fun” into reading. Grab your book, get comfortable and let Sookie and the rest take you on a whirlwind experience that is Charlaine Harris!
Where to Buy Living Dead in Dallas Novel ?
Tags: an ice cold grave, author harris, books by charlaine harris, by charlaine harris, charlain harris, charlaine harris, charlaine harris all together dead, charlaine harris author, charlaine harris book, Charlaine Harris Books, charlaine harris dead, charlaine harris dead as a doornail, charlaine harris dead until dark, charlaine harris download, charlaine harris grave sight, charlaine harris novels, charlaine harris online, charlaine harris shakespeare, charlaine harris sookie, charlaine harris sookie stackhouse, charlaine harris sookie stackhouse books, charlaine harris sookie stackhouse series, charlaine harris southern vampire series, charlaine harris true, charlaine harris website, charlane harris, charlene harris, charliane harris, charline harris, CLUB DEAD, club dead book, DEAD UNTIL DARK, definitely dead charlaine harris, from dead to worse, living dead, my big fat supernatural wedding, read charlaine harris, read harris, reading harris, series by charlaine harris, sookie stackhouse, southern vampire, southern vampire mysteries, world charlaine harris